Monday, August 24, 2009

it's been a summer of prayer and weddings

This summer has been a whirlwind. I can't believe that it's over! Thank You, God for a complete summer.

I have been so thankful for the Ridderings this summer. Oh what a blessing. I go to live with people I barely know, they are so kind, and the Lord builds spiritual family.

The first weekend I lived there, I helped out with a bridal shower they were hosting. The next weekend, I went up to Peoria and threw Ximena's bridal shower. The next two weeks were one big blur, as I co-led 7 guys, and prayed from 10pm to 4am every day for Fire in the Night. It was a good blur, but a blur, nonetheless. The next weekend after that, I went to Lauren and Elias's wedding. the next weekend was no weddings, but the Ridderings' friend was getting married, and we hosted a Japanese girl for the weekend who spoke close to no English, because she came to that wedding, and I helped out with THAT.

The next weekend, I was in Anna's wedding, the next week was a lot of prayer and fasting as I was maid-of-honor for Ximena THAT weekend. Then, there was a break from the weddings, as I went to Milwaukee for a weekend. The next weekend was my friend Elizabeth's wedding, which I ended up not going to, and then the next day was a wedding celebration for my friend Erin in Fayette, Missouri, which I drove 6 hours out of my way to go to, then drove with my family to FLORIDA.

...and I think I'm done with weddings for the summer. :)

I've been very involved in the House of Prayer, and it's been an awesome time. I believe God is getting ready to do something exciting in our midst in St. Louis and GHOP....

I still don't know why so many weddings this summer, though?

No comments:

Post a Comment