Thursday, January 8, 2009

a warm snuggly pillow

Today was the first day our new Bread Co. opened. I was working the cash drawer, and it was the first time I ever cashiered in my life (besides training). It was pretty busy, but not overwhelming.

The story of the day was this really cute couple. They said they had come to Bread Co. that day to come and celebrate their 54th wedding anniversary! They ordered their lunches and two cinnamon rolls to go, "to eat while watching a movie later." I thought they were sooo sweet! I was able to bring them their food to their table. Then I told my manager, Rob about them, and he said, "Did you give them anything?"
I said, "No, but I REALLY wanted to!"
He said, "Go ahead and bring them anything you want to!"
So, I got to bring them a pastry ring for their anniversary! I love Bread Co. Later, when I left, Rob told me that he was so proud of me, that he gave me a $25 Panera gift card! I was so blown away by that, because I was already extremely grateful to be able to give them that pastry ring.

The downer, though, was when they counted out my drawer, and exactly $20 was missing from my till, which means that I counted everything right, but somehow a $20 was gone from the drop box (we drop all the $20s and only managers can get to them).

I am so thankful for God's mercy to me, though!

Oh, and the title is what I hope I get to become well aquainted with for longer than I have been the last few nights...

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Alyssa,

    I had no idea you started a blog, you crazy kook! I really liked the story you told :) Ok, so keep posting!!

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyss! SUCH an adorable story! Aww soo sweet! Panera ROCKS!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete